Sunday, December 11, 2016

The Current Status of My Journey

I started as a "funnymentalist". I encountered this term from traders who are dissapointed with the conventional way of trading stocks. I bought and sold shares of company stocks based on news, company disclosures, and brokers' analyses. Result? After a year of trading, my 200k capital became 102k, a 49% loss. They say it's part of learning and that's the tuition fee you have to pay. Being a scholar in most part of my student's life, I find such payment very expensive. And if that is really a tuition fee, how about those traders who have been in the stock market for decades and yet seems to have learned nothing and still paying such expensive fee?

I refuse to accept my loss as tuition fee. It was simply a loss for believing what the "experts" say. And so I decided to stop listening to the experts' "noise" and started my own journey in studying technical analysis. After almost a year of trading using simple indicators such as moving averages and fibonacci retracement matched with the channels I made, I regained my loss. Year to date, my port is now up 61.76%.

Now that I am still testing my recent learning about Elliott Wave Theory (EWT) - A big thanks to that mythical fanatic of EWT I stumbled in investagrams.com! - I am expecting to have more profitable trades in the next six months. I am now integrating my previous knowledge about technical analysis with the EWT.

June 2017 will be the submission of my next report card...


No comments: